Built in 1473, it served as a fortress until 1865. It became the residence of the executioners who carried out the death sentences in Palamidi prison. In 1935 it was converted into a hotel. Today there are regular boat-trips to the island.
It owes its name to the five cannons that defended Nafplio in the west in combination with Bourtzi and was constructed by Venetians in the late 15th century.
Dating from late 18th-early 19th century it initially housed a Turkish school. The Prison of Palamidi was transferred here in 1926. Today it houses the restoration workshops and storage of the Archaeological Museum of Nafplio.
Offering a sun terrace and views of the city, Messini Pension property is situated in the old town of Nafplio in the Peloponnese Region.
Book now !
It is one of the oldest churches in the city. It was built in the 15th century but was given its present form as a three-naved basilica around 1700. It has a beautiful wooden iconostasis dating from the 19th century.
Metropolitan Church of Aghios Georgios.
One of the oldest and most important churches in the city. Built at the beginning of the 16th century, it was converted into a mosque by Turks, into a church again by Venetians and during the 2nd Turkish Occupation it became a mosque once more. Since 1822 it is an Orthodox Church. The paintings in western style date from the beginning of the 18th century.
The shoe as art goes back many years. Our country has always had excellent craftsmen. His deep knowledge and enthusiasm soon spread their fame abroad.
Located in Nafplion, this hotel is within a five-minute walk of the Palamidi, and a short drive from Tolo. It has a spa, as well as a sauna, free Wi-Fi and a beauty centre.
Transfiguration of the Saviour.
It is known as Francoklisia and was given to the Catholic Church in 1839. Inside there is a painting of the Sagrada Familia (Holy Family), copy of the work of the Italian Renaissance painter Raphael. It is used since 1839 to present day without interruption.