In the central of Nafplio old city you will find MITATO.The MITATO is a B.B.Q grill where apart from quality of the typical dishes it distinguishes for the plesant atmosphere of its place.
It dates from the 2nd Venetian Occupation (1687-1715) and was rebuilt in 1831 with the addition of the second floor. One of the largest houses in town with impressive interior decorations, it was the residence of Count Von Armansperg.
The first Greek Military Academy was housed in this two-storey neoclassical building from 1828 until 1834. Since 1988 it houses the War Museum with collections (documents, weapons, maps) from the Greek Independence War until the 2nd World War.
Metropolitan Church of Aghios Georgios.
One of the oldest and most important churches in the city. Built at the beginning of the 16th century, it was converted into a mosque by Turks, into a church again by Venetians and during the 2nd Turkish Occupation it became a mosque once more. Since 1822 it is an Orthodox Church. The paintings in western style date from the beginning of the 18th century.
It owes its name to the five cannons that defended Nafplio in the west in combination with Bourtzi and was constructed by Venetians in the late 15th century.
The church for the patron saint of sailors was founded in 1836 and is of Italian influence. The wooden iconostasis, the pulpit, the chandelier and the large icons date from 1848-1849.
It was built from 1702 until 1706 with large stones, it is four-sided and had four cannons. On the north-east wall is the relief of St. Marc's Lion, the emblem of Venice.
Built in 1714, it has 8 independent bastions which are preserved in excellent condition. Later it housed a horrible prison. Access is possible by stairs or by a modern road. The view from the top of the hill is breathtaking.
Luxury for every day at fantastic prices !
Out Standing, exceptional fine jewellery collections, made skill fully by Hand work from Greece, awaits you in our shop "Greek Corner", in Nafplion, Syntagma square 1.