It is the locals' favorite walk along the steep cliffs of Acronafplia and the impressive walls of Palamidi. It ends at Arvanitia Square overlooking an organized beach.
Metropolitan Church of Aghios Georgios.
One of the oldest and most important churches in the city. Built at the beginning of the 16th century, it was converted into a mosque by Turks, into a church again by Venetians and during the 2nd Turkish Occupation it became a mosque once more. Since 1822 it is an Orthodox Church. The paintings in western style date from the beginning of the 18th century.
It was built from 1702 until 1706 with large stones, it is four-sided and had four cannons. On the north-east wall is the relief of St. Marc's Lion, the emblem of Venice.
Harvard University’s Center for Hellenic Studies in Greece (CHS GR) is an international center of learning, research and outreach. Fostering collaboration among scholars from all countries to promote a greater understanding of Hellenic civilization, the Nafplion Center offers full access -free of charge- to Harvard University’s digital resources.
A 1905 neo-classical building that served as a residence, a hospital, a clinic, a military headquarters and finally a tavern. Since 2004 it houses the Nafplio National Gallery Annex.