The most important square in the city with many historic buildings to visit, such as the Archaeological Museum, Vouleftiko and Trianon.
The square was named after Ioannis Kapodistrias, the first governor of modern Greece. His marble statue was placed on the square in 1932.
It was the most important road in the city in the 19th century. Along its sides there are still preserved houses from that period.
It was built from 1702 until 1706 with large stones, it is four-sided and had four cannons. On the north-east wall is the relief of St. Marc's Lion, the emblem of Venice.
The "Fishermen district" is one of the oldest in the city. It is inhabited since the 13th century mainly by greek merchants and fishermen.
Built in 1713 as a warehouse for the Venetian Navy, it became a military caserne. During the German Occupation it housed the German Interrogation Office and today it serves as an Archaeological Museum holding a rich collection of finds from prehistoric until roman times.