SIGHTS IN NAFPLIO

Aug 22, 2019
The Land Gate
1956
Rate this item
(4 votes)

The Land Gate

It was built in 1707 and was the only entrance to the town by land, always closing at sundown. There used to be a moat in front of it. The gate was demolished in 1897 and was recently reconstructed according to a study of its original form.

Related items